Add water, PDM, and F1 to blender. Turn blender on low and mix up ingredients. Next add Xanthan Gum and continue to mix just enough to have everything mixed together. Add ice and blend to desired thickness.
Healthy Meal Prepping like a Boss – CrockPot Chicken!
Heard the saying, “If you stay ready you ain’t got to get ready”? When you are determined to eat healthy and even have a health and fitness goal, being prepared with meals is key! Here is a game changer for me, crock pot chicken! Making crock pot chicken is almost effortless, delicious, and it provides for versatile meals.
+ Six Free range chicken breasts e.g. Mary’s brand. Saver tip: Whole foods 365 Organic Chicken breasts are actually Mary’s chicken with a generic label which means….you save!
+ Garlic cloves
+ Diced onion
+ Salt free seasonings e.g. Spike Salt Free Seasoning
+ Black Pepper
Prep Cook in Crockpot
10 mins 6 hours on high
1. Mince garlic and onion in a food processor
2. Fill ¼ full with water
3. Wash chicken breast and remove any excess fat
4. Place garlic, onion, and seasonings in the water
5. Place cleaned chicken in the crockpot water
6. Add additional water to submerge the chicken under water
7. Secure the lid on the crockpot
8. Set crockpot to high and open it in 6 hours
Cooks notes: Enjoy the moist chicken as a soup, as a side to a green vegetable, or in an Ezekiel wrap tortilla for a chicken taco or burrito
Can you really boost your metabolism with Coffee? Adding coconut oil to your coffee is all the rave these days! A fad or something you could benefit from adding into your wellness routine? Well…. it turns out adding coconut oil to your coffee is not only delicious but it does have some health benefits! Maybe you have heard of good fats vs. bad fats? Coconut oil is one of the fats that is considered to be a “good fat” and is a Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) and is rich in lauric acid, a type of fatty acid that is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and is often recommended by those practicing natural medicine as a treatment for candida. With all if those health benefits, coconut oil has also been credited with boosting the metabolism! Umm… Y-E-S! Interested in giving this a try? Here is my morning coffee recipe!
Hot Brewed Coffee
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1/4—1/2 cup almond, coconut, rice, or hemp milk
1: Using your coffee maker of choice, I use an Italian Press, brew your coffee using filtered water
2: Add in 1 TBSP. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
3. Add in 1/4—1/2 cup almond, coconut, rice, or hemp milk
4. Using a hand held milk frother or small whisk, blend the coffee, coconut oil, and milk together to create whipped frothy and delicious metabolism boosting coffee!